Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Arts Help
Founded on the principle of art making the world a better place, Arts Help is an award-winning organization rated Top 100 art start-ups in 2020 that mobilizes a community of 4 million people around the world. With a global reach of over 35 million people monthly, we are a bold team of big dreamers, guided by the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Arts Help non-profit and its subsidiaries are growing and looking for champions of creative thinking, innovative problem solvers, and socially conscious writers to join a global writing team.
Position Overview: Contributing Writer
Arts Help is seeking a writer who's passionate about art, sustainability and creating a world of peace and prosperity. The successful candidate is someone who is able to do research into artworks from international artists - both big and small -, link them to specific UN Sustainable Development Goals, conduct interviews and write engaging pieces that showcase art making the world a better place.
***This is a remote part-time unpaid internship position: writers can agree to contribute as best fits their scheduling needs. ***
- Conduct in-depth research and write for Arts Help's online editorial linking particular artworks and artists to specific United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (all contributions must be art related)
- Conduct interviews with artists, locals and relevant experts to develop the content of pieces
- Create compelling subject lines and pieces to engage and grow the audience
- Proofread & edit written pieces for accuracy, journalistic integrity and grammar
- Write and edit other projects as needed
- Communicate and coordinate with the Managing Editor and engage with other contributing writers
- Background and significant knowledge of either art, sustainability, environmental science, international geopolitics, economics, political science, journalism, English
- 1-3 years of work experience for a journal or blog preferred with great writing, editorial, and proofreading skills
- Capability to conduct in-depth and accurate research into the background of art pieces, artists and relevant cultural/political issues
- Time management and the ability to commit to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and produce relevant writing to current events
- Understanding of digital-content trends and journalism best practices
- Passion for the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Arts Help expects applicants to have an understanding of the contemporary art world, including film, music, television series etc. Writers will be asked to familiarize themselves with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals and contemporary global events. Written pieces must be engaging, relevant and well-thought-out.
How to Apply:
For consideration please submit your cover letter and resume.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Toronto, ON L4C 1T6Canada
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy