Youth Advisory Board
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Civic Life Project
Who We Are
Civic Life Project, founded by award-winning filmmakers Catherine Tatge and Dominique Lasseur, is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to empower and advance young adult civic engagement through video storytelling, nurturing Democracy for generations to come.
The Civic Life Project’s flagship program is the Democracy Film Challenge, a national documentary film competition for high-school and college students. The upcoming Challenge, centered on the midterm elections, launches December 1, 2021 and culminates in a film screening of the winning documentary films taking place in September 2022.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by Civic Life Project. Please note, this is a part time, unpaid, remote volunteer. This opportunity is provided for English Speaking Youth.
Join Civic Life Project’s Youth Advisory Board (YAB) and promote youth voice and active participation in the democratic process through documentary filmmaking! The YAB will play a critical role in supporting the mission of Civic Life Project and participation in the Democracy 2022 Film Challenge.
The YAB is open to high school and college students (between 15 to 25 years of age). It provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and communication skills, volunteer experience, networking opportunities, exposure, and more.
This is a volunteer remote opportunity. Minimum commitment 5 hours/month (8 hours/month for leadership positions) for a one-year term. The YAB will meet monthly for 1.5 hour meetings starting in January 2022.
Participants must commit to missing no more than three meetings during the year. The YAB will observe holidays.
Application Submissions on January 31, 2022
Applicant Phone Interviews: February 1-11, 2022
First Meeting: Week of February 28, 2022
- Create a diverse network and community of civically-minded and creative young adults passionate about using documentary filmmaking as a platform for political engagement;
- Support the professional growth of participants and provide them with access to tools, skills, and individuals that will nurture that growth;
- Provide a space where young adults can use their leadership and creativity to promote filmmaking and the arts to advocate for change;
- Support and develop innovative projects that bolster awareness of and participation in the 2022 Democracy Film Challenge, as a vehicle for broader civic participation.
Benefits of Participation:
- Participants will receive a letter of recognition at the end of the program;
- Develop professional skills such as leadership and communication;
- Engage in networking opportunities with civic and film industry leaders;
- Form a community and network of passionate, diverse young people and more!
To get involved please fill out this Youth Advisory Board Application Form
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
60 Furnace Brook RoadCornwall Bridge, CT 06754
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH