Talent Recruiter (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
Talent Recruiter (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. This is a work at home (remote) position. Minimum commitment of 10 hours/ week for 6 months required.
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of a nonprofit organization in a challenging, rewarding environment? Our nonprofit news organization, WhoWhatWhy, is seeking a Talent Recruiter - HR (Volunteer) to help lead our efforts in hiring world-class talent.
We are looking for passionate, high-energy individuals with a keen eye for talent who stay up-to-date on industry innovations. You’ll play an instrumental role in scaling our organization, from ad writing to closing candidates, you will own the recruitment process and candidate experience. This role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of openness, positive communication, and continuous learning.
Who We Are
WhoWhatWhy is a news organization and community that seeks to provide the public with high-quality investigative and forensic journalism on the great issues facing humankind. We are fundamentally a nonprofit that accepts no advertising. We are staffed largely by skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule as we believe remote work is essential to cultivate a productive and happy culture. We also require a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours a week (Though more is not discouraged!). Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through Slack and email, and team members are requested to be highly responsive in a timely manner. All staff are required to respond to emails on a daily basis.
● Partner with leaders and HR team to understand both current and future organization needs
● Own and manage the entire recruitment process
● Consistently add to the candidate pipeline, updating ATS on daily basis
● Draft/create job descriptions, analyze resumes, and determine appropriate matches for vacancies
● Identify creative sourcing techniques and strategies to find, connect with and recruit top talent
● Focus on results, ability to drive the recruiting process and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates and hiring teams
● Implement creative employee relations programs to retain talent, maintain morale throughout their assignments, and promote candidate referrals
● Partner with the business to understand our current market position and work to continuously build on our presence and brand with target demographics
● Contribute to Talent Acquisition’s effort of redefining recruitment processes of employer branding, revamping job descriptions, and the candidate experience
● Monitor key recruitment metrics and interpret data for strategic recruiting
● 2+ years of relevant working experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
● The ability to effectively recruit qualified candidates for teams. This includes using new and creative recruiting methods, sources, advertising, and events, to ensure qualified and diverse candidate pool
● Knowledge of recruitment processes, creative/strategic talent sourcing techniques, resume evaluation, candidate assessment, interview techniques, and matching position to best candidate
● Strong understanding of HR recruiting-related metrics and reporting with Prior experience working with ATS and HRIS
● Exceptional communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role
● Ability to quickly build relationships with hiring managers, colleagues, and candidates, to meet hiring objectives
● PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred but not required
● Work in an exciting, up-and-coming organization in a crucial and societally relevant field
● Interact with people at all levels
● Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
● Collaborate with smart, accomplished coworkers
● Have fun and make a difference
Please send us a resume and carefully reasoned, customized cover letter that outlines your experience, skillset and explains why you're a good fit for this position. Note that our mission must resonate deeply with you. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
December 30, 2021