Courtyard Volunteer Data Entry and Intake Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Wellness House
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
Located in Hinsdale, IL, The Courtyard was founded in 1991 by a group of close friends whose lives had been affected by cancer. Combining their love of interior design with a desire to help others, this dedicated group of volunteers created a place to purchase previously-owned, high-quality furniture and home accessories. The shop is staffed almost entirely by volunteers, with proceeds from The Courtyard directly supporting Wellness House, a not-for-profit organization that provides families and individuals with the tools needed to meet the challenges of everyday life after a cancer diagnosis.
As a Data Entry and Intake Assistant Volunteer, you will assist during the process of intake of new merchandise on Mondays at The Courtyard
- Enter new items into computer-based inventory module
- Check for accuracy before printing price tags
- Locate items and attach price tags
- Greet consignors and assist with paperwork including preparing, completing and filing forms
- Assist customers/consignors picking up items by locating merchandise and completing paperwork
Staff responsibilities to Volunteers
- Provide training on Courtyard and Wellness House and Liberty Inventory Module
- Be available for any questions or concerns
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to mission of Wellness House: Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
- Date Entry and Computer Skills
- Interest in upscale home furnishings and interior design
- Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
- One-year commitment, 6-8 hour shift on one or more Mondays per month
- Assisting with the intake process provides for accurate and timely intake of new merchandise to The Courtyard, the sale of which benefits Wellness House.
- Volunteers will increase problem solving, multi-tasking, and organization skills.
- Volunteers will become a part of the volunteer community at the Courtyard.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
63 Village PlaceHinsdale, IL 60521
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK