Donor Relationships Manager (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
Donor Relationships Manager (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*This is a remote-from-home position.
Are you an experienced Donor Relationships Manager who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit (a minimum of) 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy is looking for a highly motivated, part-time, volunteer Donor Relationships Manager to learn our culture and values and then build and guide a team of volunteer major gifts officers. You will oversee the entire prospect and donor research, cultivation, and stewardship process.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface -- and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we are only currently able to pay a small core team, as well as experienced professional freelancers -- and rely primarily on skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Lead strategic brainstorms regarding fundraising initiatives and new prospect outreach
- Manage and track a roster of major donor accounts to increase gift amount and close yearly opportunities
- Continuously monitor donor activity in our Salesforce database to stay on top of regular outreach
- Based on established guidelines, utilize donor management system (SalesForce) to document and maintain files of donor/prospect and substantive ongoing "moves" contacts in collaboration with Donor Relations team
- Create effective action plans for holistic donor outreach and delegate email and phone correspondence to a team of fundraisers
- Prepare necessary reports from SalesForce for Ambassadors and Junior Ambassadors to use during donor engagements
- Document best practices and create new training tools that will assist fundraisers and researchers with identifying and cultivating donor relationships
- Liaise cross-functionally with other departments to ensure programmatic success of fundraising events
- Strong manager and leader who is extremely organized and driven; ability to work without close supervision
- Prior experience in media/news nonprofit fundraising work or nonprofit donor cultivation management experience are helpful
- Ability to grasp and articulate WhoWhatWhy’s product, mission, and service
- Have strong people skills and be able to provide leadership and inspiration
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
- Your work will be seen!
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, and we ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10-15 hours a week. Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we rely mostly on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be highly responsive in a timely manner.
If you possess a high level of self-motivation, and work well independently -- but also have strong collaboration skills and enjoy the opportunity to partner with like-minded individuals, and can commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals, we’d like to hear from you.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter explaining why you're a good fit for this position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to email@example.com. You should confirm your understanding that this is, initially, a volunteer position.
After submitting your application, you may receive email responses from us that may go to your spam inbox. There is a technical issue with our Applicant Tracking System that we are working on fixing. In the meantime, please check your spam inbox regularly for correspondence from us. Thank you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK