People and Culture Trustee/Chair
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Restless DevelopmentAbout Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.About the Role.
Here at Restless, we’re building a progressive, forward thinking agency where our people and purpose are central to everything we do. The growth and development of our community is central to our mission of achieving a just and sustainable world for all. This year we have been developing our Restless Leaders experiential learning programme, alongside other initiatives, aimed at supporting our globally dispersed teams to reach their potentials. We have also recently experienced significant changes within our internal structures and are reviewing how we ensure the talented people in our organisation are given opportunities to learn, develop, take on more responsibilities and progress their leadership capabilities.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated People and Culture Specialist to join our international board of trustees and act as Chair of the People & Culture Committee. You’ll help us navigate a significant period of change, preserve the secret sauce of our inclusive culture and develop our learning and development plans.
As Chair, you will contribute to the overall governance, strategy and decision making of our board whilst also supporting the agency through a period of transformation. You will have a strong background in talent mapping and succession management, and will be able to advise internal teams on how to plan for upward mobility.About You.
You will ideally have the following skills/ experience:
- understanding and experience of the role governance plays and ability to act as a critical friend to People functions within the Agency
- experience of leading people through change and supporting internal leadership transitions
- expertise in embedding people and culture initiatives in a dispersed organisation
- understanding of talent management and succession planning processes
- interest and understanding of the people and culture function
- learning and development experience ideally gained within a progressive and growing organisation
- understanding of how new technologies can support professional development
- evolved strategic thinking
- interest in doing development differently and commitment to innovation
- interest in the essential role young people have to play in society, particularly in the Global South
We welcome expressions of interest from everyone but particularly from young people based in the Global South as we are under-represented in this area and seek to diversify our Board.How To Apply.
Please complete this online application form by Sunday 21st November 2021 at 12pm GMT. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
35-41 Lower MarshLondon, England SE1 7RLUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH