Host a Litter of Future Guide Dog Puppies
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Guiding Eyes for the BlindCare for a litter in your home
Caring for a new litter of adorable puppies can be one of the most extraordinary opportunities Guiding Eyes has to offer. Home Litter Care volunteers welcome a brood dog and her newborn puppies into their home, committing to their care for up to 5 weeks.
Guiding Eyes provides all the equipment, training and support necessary to ensure a positive and rewarding experience. Our volunteers provide the loving care and early socialization these potential future guide dogs need to thrive, while supporting the new mother as she cares for her pups.
A Home Litter Care volunteer must:
- live within one hour of the Canine Development Center in Patterson, NY.
- complete 1 to 2 afternoons of training at the Canine Development Center.
- be able to travel to either Guiding Eyes facilities, in Yorktown or Patterson, NY, for veterinary care if needed or in case of emergency.
- be able to house the brood and puppies in an area of the home, which is heated/air conditioned and easily disinfected.
- have flexibility in their schedule to allow early morning, afternoon, and evening care.
- keep household pets separate from the brood and puppies.
- commit to 3 to 5 weeks of continuous care
- have access to a local 24-hour pharmacy
For more Information please email: email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
361 New York 164Patterson, NY 12563
December 30, 2021