Certified Braille Transcriber
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Audio & Braille Literacy Enhancement, Inc.
Enjoy the challenge of transcribing materials into Braille for children and adults who are blind. With your help, children and adults who are blind can lead more productive and independent lives.
Transcribe a variety of print materials in Braille such as textbooks, computer manuals, library books and other educational material. Transcribe in Braille short-term requests such as newsletters, children's books, menus, and playbills. It's a perfect opportunity for retirees or persons with time to volunteer at home.
- Adult (18 + Years).
- Library of Congress certification in Unified English Braille (UEB).
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A resident of the United States of America.
- Must have basic computer skills, including file management.
- A working knowledge of the English language.
- Attention to detail and a "perfectionist" attitude.
- Strong problem solver.
- Self-motivated, independent worker
This is a long-term commitment; a minimum of 8 hours per week for at least 12 months.
At Home, or at our office in the Central Library Building in downtown Milwaukee.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
803 West Wells StreetCentral Library BuildingMilwaukee, WI 53233
December 30, 2021