We are looking for you as a Disaster Workforce Engagement Team Member!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater New York Region
Do you want to help people out of the disaster? American Red Cross Disaster Workforce Engagement Team is the place you belong to! We need volunteers to perform Disaster Engagement readiness activities and support the regional disaster workforce virtually.
*This is a virtual opportunity!
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for tasks assigned by the specific Disaster Workforce Engagement Team program lead:
- Support the annual workforce engagement goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for volunteer engagement through participation in meetings and projects.
- Projects and participation will be assigned according to the area of interest: onboarding/placement, deployment, training, recognition, and appreciation, leadership development, Volunteer Connection/profile management, and/or engagement.
- Projects may include but are not limited to conducting volunteer interviews, updating profiles in Volunteer Connection, recognition, analyzing reports/data, scheduling volunteers, etc.
Time Commitment: Be prepared to spend anywhere from 4 to 8 hours weekly-must have good computer/phone etiquette skills. Flexible shifts available during the training period. Must have weekday/daytime availability and be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months-no exceptions!
- Ability to: follow and implement requests received from the supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity. build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
- Be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Volunteer Connection Training Courses
Express interest below! And be sure to ask about American Red Cross's other volunteer opportunities.
If you have any question(s), please email us:firstname.lastname@example.org call/text us at (646) 875-8051
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10019
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK