American Red Cross - Volunteer - Help At Local Blood Drives!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross - NH & VT Region
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations
• Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
• Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
• Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
• Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage
• Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
• Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
• Model excellent customer service behaviors
• Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
• Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
• Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
• Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red donations
• Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
Must be able to commit to a minimum of one 5 Hour Shift per month.
Blood Drives are generally held on weekdays Monday-Friday(s) with the occasional Saturday/Sunday(s) between the hours 8am - 7pm.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Concord, NH 05401
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH