Adult Education Tutor (Adult Education or English Language Learning)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Fox Valley Literacy
Do you believe in the importance of education? Become a tutor! Our students need support in Basic Literacy or in English Language Learning (reading, writing, spelling, comprehension, and conversation skills). A teaching background or foreign language is not required. Training is provided.
- Be flexible, friendly, patient, and optimistic
- Be dependable and prompt
- Be able to maintain confidentiality about learner information and the work you do together
- Have a sense of humor!
- Complete tutor training workshop and online modules
- Work one-on-one with a learner for a minimum of nine months
- Meet weekly or monthly with a learner for 1 to 3 hours in a neutral, public place such as a public library or Fox Valley Literacy office
- Participate in at least five in-service or webinar sessions organized by Fox Valley Literacy throughout the year
- Design lessons that include real-world materials based on a learner’s needs and interests
- Inform the learner about Fox Valley Literacy’s testing requirements and encourage participation
- Communicate with staff regularly to discuss goal setting, share concerns, and celebrate goal attainment
- Be responsible for the return of books and materials taken from Fox Valley Literacy’s library
- Spend approximately one hour per week preparing for lessons
- Report monthly learner progress by turning in your tutor calendar
- A greater understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and lifestyles
- A greater feeling of involvement in the community
- A better understanding of the problems of illiteracy
- Knowledge of methods and strategies for helping adults
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
130 East Franklin StreetAppleton, WI 54911
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK