Development Researcher - Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The IWI: International Women's Initiative
- Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Development, as a part of the Development team, you will research potential programs as it relates to women;
- Produce detailed and concise reports to be made available to IWI staff and the public through various publication platforms, as well as distributed to our partners and used as part of IWI advocacy and lobbying initiatives;
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings to liaise with other researchers and editors as a team to ensure a positive, proactive and supportive team dynamic, centred on open dialogue;
- Work according to the deadline schedule to ensure the timely delivery of reports.
- Minimum academic qualification: undergraduate degree in law, international development, human rights or a similar social science field;
- Experience in conducting research, and writing reports for a variety of audiences on human rights issues relating to women’s rights, especially in the context of crises;
- Fluent in English;
- Outreach experience within a Charity/ NGO setting a plus;
- Passionate for women’s human rights and gender equality;
- Attention to detail and ability to work within strict, often conflicting, deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Able to provide a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
196 High RoadLondon, N22 8HHUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021