Community Development Officer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: International Safe Shelter Foundation
Community Development Officer Position DescriptionPosition Description
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented professional to serve as an active and collaborative volunteer member of the Board of Directors to provide a range of community engagement. The Community Development Officer will support International Safe Shelter Foundation’s mission while interfacing with donors, community members, writing newsletters, and organizing community engagement activities with shelter partners. These initiatives will be applied by using community development strategies and working collaboratively with shelter partners and donors to further develop sustainable partnerships.Responsibilities
· Attend the bi-monthly board meetings and report updates on programming activities which may include fundraising, public awareness campaigns, partnerships with other organizations, and informational programs.
· To manage and coordinate community events and activities.
· To develop and maintain effective communication and foster partnerships with a variety of non-government organizations, universities, and organizations providing domestic violence services.
· To develop and maintain effective communication links with donors and engage new donors.
· Research other organizations and compile best practices
· Build Relationships, develop new partners
· Develop outreach and marketing materials
· Engage with NMSU students and potential shelter partnersQualifications & Desired Skills
· Basic administrative and computer skills
· Very organized and meticulous nature
· Friendly attitude and professional communication skills
· Comfortable calling resource contacts to verify information
· Community organizing and development experience especially using online engagement platforms
· Previous experience working with non-profits, international development, and/or domestic violence
· Bi-lingual Spanish language skills preferred but not requiredBenefits
· Develop and hone professional and personal skills that can be added to your resume and portfolio
· Contribute valuable skills and knowledge to a cause that you are passionate about
· Help this organization improve to better serve its priority population
Work with great people with the same dedication and become part of a community that wishes to eliminate domestic and gender-based violenc
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
109 Ridgecrest StreetLas Cruces, NM 88005
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH