Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Seed Community Relief
The Fundraising volunteer will have the opportunity to support the development department raising funds for our work. Your duties include:
- Conducting prospect research; updating donor/prospect profiles.
- Identifying new funding opportunities for Seed Community Relief.
- Writing grants and Letter Of Interest (LOI) to support our work.
- Conducting fundraising campaigns to raise funds for the execution of Organization activities.
- Developing online donation programs.
- Support identifying, crafting grants, and building relationships with donor partners.
- Research and identify potential funders.
- Assisting in fundraising from small trusts and foundations.
- Draft initial correspondence with potential donors and
supporters and following up the contact.
- Draft funding applications and performance reports.
- Review supporters’ engagement with Fair Trials International and record involvement.
- Thank and update supporters.
- Assist with planning fundraising events and drafting funding materials.
- Assist with maintaining the fundraising database, ensuring
accuracy and consistency across the records.
- Maintain up‐to‐date filing systems, both manual and electronic as appropriate.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize a workload.
- Keen attention to detail and flexible team player.
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of Seed Community Relief.
- Ability to work independently and manage own time.
- Sympathetic to the values of Seed Community Relief.
- Ability to summarize information and present it in clear and compelling way.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access and good general office skills.
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Must learn quickly& thrive in a highly demanding society.
- Research, writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Dependable, reliable, honest & trustworthy.
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Must own / have access to a computer for this volunteer project.
- University degree/diploma or equivalent required.
- High knowledge in English (spoken, written and reading).
- Computer Literacy and experience with Fundraising Platforms, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Microsoft teams and Skype.
- You will gain experience in the non-profit sector and improved project management.
- Potential opportunity after Volunteering to join Seed Community Relief partners worldwide.
- You will be exposed to Seed Community Relief programs and opportunities.
- This Volunteering opportunity is not paid for; however, there is the potential for academic credit
- Help you learn new skills and create a better work-life balance.
- Improved socialization, etiquette and interaction with Seed Community Relief leaders.
- Help you meet new people including donor partners, hence a strong network.
- Help you make friends and advance your career.
- 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- All job duties may be done from home as long as you have internet
- Weekly online meetings Seed Community Relief staff and Volunteer briefings will be done online.
- This Volunteer opportunity will run for six (6) months.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting any experience in fundraising, community organizing, volunteer work, or skill related work or past projects.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: 300.00
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Old Port Bell RoadMirage PlazaKampala, Central Region Uganda
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy