Are you a Member of Clergy? A Chaplin? and want to Provide Spiritual Support? - Join our Spiritual C
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater PA Region
Purpose: The Disaster Spiritual Care worker provides disaster spiritual care support to individuals and families who have been
impacted by a disaster.
1. Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis,
regardless of one's faith tradition.
2. Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house
3. Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster
4. Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
5. Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection
to local resources.
6. Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
7. Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental
Qualifications: Basic qualifications:
A disaster spiritual care provider from a National VOAD member organization; OR
A professional or Board-certified chaplain; OR
An endorsed leader in a local faith community
See Disaster Spiritual Care Standards and Procedures for more information regarding application process.
Development Opp: Disaster Spiritual Care Chapter Coordinator
Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
Disaster Spiritual Care Fundamentals
Psychological First Aid
Disaster Action Team Fundamentals
Shelter Fundamentals (recommended)
CPR/First Aid (recommended)
Casework and Recovery Planning Fundamentals (recommended)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy