Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Surfrider Foundation, Vancouver Chapter
Surfrider Foundation Vancouver is seeking a highly organized and proactive Volunteer Coordinator volunteer to join its executive committee.
If you are passionate about protecting Vancouver’s coastlines, we want to hear from you! We are the Vancouver Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation, a global environmental non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves and beaches.
Volunteer Coordination Team:
The Volunteer Coordination team is an integral part of the chapter’s operations, and acts as the connection between the general public / volunteers and the chapter. Team is responsible for creating positive and consistent relationships within the chapter and with general public volunteers; and for supporting the Events team by recruiting volunteers for specific events, programs and campaigns.
- Managing the Volunteer Coordination Team
- As a Member of Executive Committee, participating in strategic and tactical meetings; voting on key chapter decisions
- Recruiting volunteers for chapter lead and support positions, working with the team to identify volunteer needs.
- Lead volunteer recruitment by communicating those needs to the membership forum and posting volunteer opportunities where appropriate eg: newsletters, facebook, website
- On-boarding and off-boarding of chapter leads, supporting succession planning for volunteers.
- Help team members familiarize themselves with role specifics and chapter tasks / systems
- Responding to email requests sent to the volunteer coordinator email box
- Socialize with the public at chapter events, and discussing volunteer opportunities
- Managing the volunteer requests directory
- Recruiting volunteers for specific events and assigning onsite roles to help ensure safe and successful events
- Working in partnership with the Events Director on team coordination before, during, after every event
- Build/manage a database or list of volunteers and potential volunteers, managing and updating the core volunteer directory
- Administering the Volunteer Coordination team’s google drive folder
- Participating in the team’s slack channel discussions
- Proficiency with Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Excel, Square, and recruiting software desired but not required
- Attending chapter executive meetings (one per month)
- Attending chapter events (one per month)
- Monitors the volunteer mailbox for all surfrider communications & checks this chapter email account and replies to emails within 2 days
- Attending Surfrider conferences
To find out more about Surfrider Vancouver, visit vancouverbc.surfrider.org.
We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M5Canada
December 30, 2021