Become a Campus Ambassador for the Climate Museum's Beyond Lies Campaign
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Climate Museum
The Climate Museum, the first museum in the United States dedicated to the climate crisis, has launched Beyond Lies, a participatory, public art campaign with celebrated illustrator Mona Chalabi. This initiative features a series of posters distilling extensive work by investigative journalists and academic researchers on the fossil fuel industry’s decades-long strategy of misleading the public in order to delay meaningful climate policy and maintain their business as usual. For more on the campaign visit www.beyondlies.org
SEEKING CAMPUS AMBASSADORS
The Climate Museum invites college students who are ready to inspire climate action!
Through this campaign, you can:
- Spread awareness and education through a poster campaign about fossil fuel disinformation and the role the industry has played in delaying climate action.
- Spark new conversations around campus about the climate crisis.
- Lead your peers into civic-focused climate action -- contacting their representatives to demand industry accountability and justice-centered climate policy.
- Empower your campus community with the info they need to be climate action protagonists.
- Organize events and programs to help propel your campus toward a just and climate safe future.
EXAMPLES OF CAMPUS ACTIVATIONS
Any of these can be adapted to your campus community and time commitment.
- Hanging the 8 ½ x 11" posters (or a larger version) in prominent places on campus.
- Using the posters as a jumping off point for a phone banking event.
- Pitching your school newspaper to write a story about the campaign on your campus
- Distributing posters at a campus event/club fair.
- Sharing the posters with a professor and/or asking about sharing them in class.
- Making a presentation to a team or club.
- Hanging posters throughout your college town/city.
Ready to get your own Mona Chalabi Beyond Lies posters and participate as an individual? Or to lead a group as a campus ambassador?
More info: beyondlies.org/volunteer
Complete this form and our team will be in touch.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
800 Third AvenueNew York, NY 10022
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy