Food Security Coordinator & Year of Service Fellow
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Jubilee Year Los AngelesDESCRIPTION
Full-Time Paid Fellowship working with a multi-faceted social service agency serving and responding to the wide-ranging needs of those experiencing food insecurity in the community.
The corps member will be responsible for assisting with the recovery and distribution of nutritious fresh produce to address widespread hunger, waste, and the rising issue of food deserts in Southern California. Fellow will also assist with nutrition education and healthy cooking classes to supplement distribution efforts.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Attend weekly meetings
- Manage volunteers for sorting, distribution and/or pantry needs
- Coordinate food distribution deliveries and pick-ups
- Follow procedures for disposal of compostable, recyclable and non-recyclable materials
- Data collection of food received, and food distributed.
- Assist in collecting survey data for health assessments
- Assist in set-up, food prep, cooking, and break-down of nutrition education classes
- Assist in promoting nutrition education through hand-outs, live demos and open dialogue with participants
- Engage in friendly interactions with partner agencies and food pantry recipients
- Other duties as assigned
This position is offered as part of Jubilee Year Los Angeles (JYLA)
JYLA is an award-winning program that has been providing space for reflective exploration, community building, and justice-focused service for 30 years. Fellows with JYLA experience a personally and professionally transformative service year mindfully curated for young adults ages 21 to 29 who are inspired to change the world.
Jubilee Year values justice, equity, service, community, curiosity.
We’re seeking fellows who:
- Are 21-29 years old
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Are passionate about Justice
- Are inspired by Serving and contributing to needed change
- Are excited about Engaging a diverse, creative cohort of changemakers
- Are interested in Living Simply and Learning in Community with fellow corps members
- Are looking for an opportunity to Explore an amazing city
Monthly Stipend, Health coverage, Housing, Community Living allowance, Student loan forbearance, TrainingADDITIONAL BENEFITS
Jubilee Year provides corps members with free housing and utilities, food stipend, Annual Metro Pass (Public Transit), mentorship, quarterly retreats, professional development, and extensive access to and interaction with our social and professional network built up over the course of over 30 years serving in Los Angeles.EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
College GraduateOTHER CONDITIONS
Subject to criminal background checkAGE REQUIREMENT
21 - 29
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME