Supply Transport Driver for Ronald McDonald House Charities
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana
Purpose: It takes many supplies to keep our Ronald McDonald Houses and Family Rooms running smoothly, and to meet the needs of the families we serve. Supply Transport Drivers directly impact our mission by driving items between our Houses, Family Rooms and partner hospitals, ensuring essential supplies are available when and where they are needed the most.
Locations: Supply Transport Driver volunteer shifts involve taking items to/from our House, Family Room and partner hospital locations, including (additional locations may be added as needs arise):
· Chicago and Southside:
o RMH near Lurie Children’s Hospital: 211 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
o RMFR in Lurie Children’s Hospital: 225 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
o RMH in Northwestern Prentice: 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL 60611
o RMH near UChicago Comer Children’s Hospital: 5444 S. Drexel Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
o RMH near Advocate Children’s Hospital: 4410 W. 93 rd St., Oak Lawn, IL 60453
· West Region:
o RMH near Loyola University Medical Center: 1 Airmail Rd., Hines, IL 60141
o RMH near Central DuPage Hospital: ON150 Winfield Rd., Winfield, IL 60190
o RMFR in Edward Hospital: 801 S. Washington St., Naperville, IL 60540
o Loyola University Medical Center: 2160 S. 1 st Ave., Maywood, IL 60153
o Shriners Hospitals for Children: 2211 N Oak Park Ave, Chicago, IL 60707
o Elmhurst Hospital ER: 155 E. Brush Hill Rd Elmhurst, IL 60126
· Safely drive a personal vehicle along designated routes to transport supplies between Houses, Family Rooms and partner hospitals. Transportation includes picking up and dropping off a variety of items between all locations.
· Adhere to all traffic laws, safety procedures and transit regulations, as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Handbook.
· Provide timely pick-ups and drop-offs of supplies, and proactively communicate with RMHC-CNI staff regarding delays or issues along the route.
· Communicate respectfully and professionally with RMHC-CNI staff, hospital staff and other volunteers.
· Must be between the ages of 25-70.
· Willingness to complete and pay for an annual Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), and must provide proof of a current driver’s license, vehicle insurance and clean driving record.
· Must own a personal vehicle suitable for transporting supplies.
· Comfortable independently driving a personal vehicle to various Chicagoland locations.
· Ability to drive defensively and safely in varied road and traffic conditions.
· Comfortable sitting and standing during each three-hour shift, and must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds.
· Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
· Volunteers must commit to two, three hours shifts per month for at least one year.
· Supply Transport Driver shifts are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00am-1:00pm (additional shift dates/times may become available).
Training and Support:
· Volunteers must complete an orientation, background check, annual MVR and in-person training.
· Supply Transport Drivers report to the Volunteer Services team.
· Interested individuals can submit the online application: http://vhub.at/supplytransportdrivers
RMHC-CNI Contact: Brittany Wright, Director of Volunteer Services, email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Chicago, IL 60523
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH