Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Better Because Collective
Better Because Collective is looking for: An advanced WordPress developer (front and back end) to manage and lead the way with our theme switch while optimizing the website for goal conversions and SEO. They will also manage the website department and mentor our junior developers. After our theme switch the WordPress Developer will continue to collaborate with our junior developers to update and maintain the website. We are looking for somebody who will join the team for the long run and be able to jump in to help out in any areas we need support.
About the organization: Better Because Collective is a 100% volunteer-run mental health-focused nonprofit organization. We’re a small team of dedicated volunteers working remotely around the United States. We’re passionate about supporting people in writing their personal narratives of post-traumatic growth.
- We empower people by publishing their personal narratives of post-traumatic growth.
- We start conversations that have the power to transform perceived views of mental health experiences.
- We educate people to create a more caring society.
- We create a safe, inclusive space that fosters healing.
Time commitment: The position is ongoing, has a time commitment of around 6-10 hours per week with peaks and troughs. Due to the resource demands of hiring and onboarding new volunteers, we prioritize volunteers who are interested in a long-term commitment. Please let our recruiting team know upfront if you envision yourself volunteering with Better Because Collective for at least one year.
Communications: We’re a small team of dedicated volunteers working remotely around the world. As such, open communication and clear expectations are necessary to get things done in a timely manner. We value your time and commitment just as much as you value ours. We often use Slack to discuss and debate, and a shared mailbox for organization-related emails.
Duties would include:
- Choosing the right WordPress theme and rebuilding our website using the new theme.
- Using plugins to update/implement complex functionality.
- Expanding on the current UX roadmap.
- Improving our SEO ranking.
- Updating the website with the least amount of coding as well as choosing and implementing the right plugins for the best user experience while considering future enhancements.
- General website content maintenance - updating copy, images, tags, alt text, spelling errors, broken links, etc.
- Technical fixes, updates to the website, design tweaks, and other ongoing web development needs.
- Managing the website department.
Someone who would be perfect for this role would have:
- Advanced WordPress development experience.
- Experience with WordPress management.
- Experience with WordPress website maintenance and updating.
- Using easy to maintain and cost-effective development practices.
- Experience with UX/UI Design.
- Experience with digital marketing (SEO/Google Analytics).
- Experience with troubleshooting plugin conflict, cross-browser, cross-platform, and any other issues.
- Experience with technical documentation of every change made as well as existing configurations, plugins and their usage, etc.
- Ability to work with a remote team using Slack, Trello, Google Drive, and Zoom.
- Ability to research and demonstrate implementation of new features and functionalities.
- Ability to lead a department and mentor junior developers.
- Ability to work independently and set realistic deadlines.
- Ability to communicate openly and not take on too much.
- Ability to become a team member and the willingness to help with other areas of the nonprofit that we might need help with as the organization grows.
What’s in it for you? Be an integral part of a new nonprofit organization and join a passionate all-volunteer team working to empower people and support discussions around mental health.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Develop your website-building and digital marketing skills.
- Learn through collaboration amongst the organization’s volunteers, contributors, and partnering organizations.
- Add to your resume and portfolio.
- Receive a professional recommendation from the founder.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Francisco, CA 94118
December 30, 2021