Volunteer Screening Team Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Be the Person to Welcome New Volunteers to the American Red Cross!!
Volunteer Screeners are often a potential volunteer’s first welcome to the American Red Cross. It is important the screener provides perspective volunteers with an excellent customer service! Volunteer screeners gather relevant information about a perspective volunteer’s interest and skills through active listening and by asking engaging questions. Allow them to assess which positions are best suited for the candidate.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings
- Studies and learns volunteer position descriptions
- Prepares for each screening interview
- Provides candidates with information about intake, referral and placement process
- Matches volunteers to positions
- Updates Volunteer Connections with candidate information
- Makes referrals
- Represent the American Red Cross in a professional manner at all times
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross (training provided)
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross programs
- Ability to work with computer database
- Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to potential volunteers
- Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and reporting platforms
- Must have reliable access to a computer, phone and internet access
- Active listening skills
- Previous experience with customer service (a plus)
- HR experience (a plus)
Training is provided to the screeners at no cost. The Red Cross asks that screeners provide 4-8 hours of service a week.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Wilmington, OH 43205
December 30, 2021