Seeking Volunteer Adult Co-Facilitator for TurnOut's Virtual LGBTQ+ Youth Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: TurnOut
TurnOut is seeking a Volunteer Co-Facilitator to join our virtual Bay Area Youth Program. TurnOut’s mission is to mobilize communities to power queer and trans movements. We coordinate thousands of volunteers across the Bay Area every year to support more than 100 local LGBTQ-focused nonprofits. Specifically, we are seeking someone who identifies as QTBIPOC and can facilitate the BIPOC youth subcommittee breakout sessions.
TurnOut’s virtual Youth Program provides volunteer and learning opportunities to high school students. The Co-Facilitator plays an important role in coordinating and attending virtual meetings and events. This role requires a time commitment of up to 5 hours per week, and a commitment to co-facilitating the program for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year.
Youth Program Volunteer Co-Facilitator Roles and Responsibilities
- Help with operations and facilitation for weekly hour-long Youth Program meetings, which currently take place from 5:30-6:30 pm on Fridays.
- Lead the BIPOC youth subcommittee during meeting breakout sessions
- Work with the other Youth Program Co-Facilitator and the Senior Programs Manager to schedule guest speakers and volunteer opportunities.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment when needed.
- Answer youth, parent/guardian, and/or teacher inquiries via email.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about supporting queer and trans youth, education, group facilitation, and/or LGBTQ+ community work.
- Ability to commit to Youth Program for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year for 5 hours per week
- Must already have laptop or tablet to work from/take video meetings on
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ensuring that no part of the TurnOut Youth Program falls through the cracks.
- Experience working with queer and trans youth.
- Experience in program management or program operations.
- Folks of all generations encouraged to apply
- Must identify as QTBIPOC
To apply, please send a resume and a brief paragraph describing your interest to Sarah Hyde, Senior Programs Manager at sarah[at]turnout.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Oakland, CA 94610
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK