Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: ALS Society of Canada
Walk to End ALS London, Event Date: June 2022 In-Person (exact date to be confirmed)
Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Coordinator - One Year Term
We are looking for a volunteer Outreach & Engagement Coordinator, to join ALS Canada’s Walk Committee London. Our event is more than a fundraiser; it’s an opportunity to come together and connect to build a community of ALS supporters. As the Outreach & Engagement Coordinator, you will be an important member of the Walk Committee working together with ALS Canada staff and volunteers to promote the event, develop and steward partnerships, inspire community participation, and support the overall execution of the event. This is an exciting time to be a part of our 2022 Walk to End ALS team!
Walk to End ALSThe Walk to End ALS is the largest volunteer-led fundraiser for ALS Societies across Canada. It is fun, family friendly, and a meaningful way to be a part of our work & hope for a future without ALS. Together we honour those we have loved and lost, and we show support for the 3,000 Canadians and their families living with the disease. Fundraising efforts and donations from the Walk provide for the best ALS research in the country and enable ALS Societies to provide community-based support to people with ALS & their families. Join us in this critical work and help us reach our
2022 FUNDRAISING GOAL FOR WALKS ACROSS ONTARIO=$1,900,000
What You’ll Do
· Promote the local Walk event through community partnerships and with local businesses
· Participate in recruitment calls, inviting past participants to participate in this year’s event
- Initiate outreach to create connections with local schools and organizations to recruit event day volunteers
· Secure entertainment, photographer, emcee and speakers for Walk Day
· Act as the point person for all Event Day volunteers
· Support set up/cleanup of the event with other committee members
· Send out post-event thank you cards
· Engage personal networks to develop potential partnerships, sponsorships and event participation
· Attend virtual & occasional in-person committee meetings, in addition to a post-event debrief meeting
· Establish and build a strong, effective and constructive working relationship with staff leads and committee members
· Act as an ambassador for the cause and organization
· Attend the in-person Walk if available (Exact date to be finalized by January 2021; likely will be hosted on a Saturday or Sunday during the month of June 2022)
What We are Looking For
· Outreach, promotion, and relationship building abilities
· Positive attitude and a "team player"
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Strong English written and verbal communication abilities
· High level of initiative & enthusiasm to promote the Walk to End ALS & inspire supporters
· Comfortable to approach local business owners and make outreach calls
· Experience supporting charity fundraising events; experience with charity walk events an asset
· Willingness to leverage personal networks to develop partnership and sponsorship opportunities
· Previous experience volunteering as a part of a not-for-profit committee an asset
· Experience working with people with diverse backgrounds
· Must feel comfortable communicating by email
· Supporting individuals and families affected by ALS through fundraising
· Ability to commit 4 hours monthly and attend 2-hour bi-monthly meetings and additional meetings closer to the event as required
Volunteer with us today!
Submit a volunteer application to Linda Terry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to indicate the volunteer position title in your subject title.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable organization and strongly encourages people from equity-seeking groups to apply. ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the Volunteer Services department at email@example.com if you require accommodation.
What You Will Be A Part Of
A charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect, ALS Society of Canada works with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis through support, advocacy and investment in research for a future without ALS. Fully funded by donors, we were fortunate to benefit from the generosity of Canadians during the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2014, and are now focused on implementing our 2018 to 2023 strategic plan in support of the following long-term impacts: people affected by ALS receive the best possible standard of care; more treatments are available to improve quality of life and extend lifespan; and people are empowered to make informed decisions about ALS.
Our world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. By joining us you will be an important part of a very special community that inspires and touches one another’s lives in our united visio
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Toronto, ON L3R 8T3Canada
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKENDS, FEW_DAYS