Engage Collaboratively on Marketing and Communication Working Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Social Innovators of America AssociationABOUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:
SIAA seeks five (5) to ten (10) volunteers to join a 2 to 3-month tiger team. The goal is to divide and conquer to balance the workload. We are planning a status meeting bi-weekly and the ability for volunteers to work any tasks jointly or independently between status meetings. We will work in the MURAL Online Whiteboard environment.
Should you agree to accept it, THE CHALLENGE is to identify and communicate the benefits of our CBSI approach to community leaders, organizers, advocates, or activists. We call them Community Hosts. For Community Host, we offer Pro Bono services if we cannot identify financial sponsors. In addition, we also need to explain the benefits to government and nonprofit social service providers and foundations. We call them Sponsors. For sponsors, there is a sliding-scale fee for services model. Therefore, we want to design a mutually beneficial Host and Sponsor Customer Experience with targeted communication materials.BENEFIT TO VOLUNTEERS
The volunteers will have the unique opportunity to interact with other creatives, marketers, and communicators. In addition, the Tiger Team offers the chance to apply marketing and communication skills to further one's professional development by learning from others in a fun and collaborative tiger team. The team will work in a virtual collaboration environment with SIAA members that are CBSI practitioners, customer experience, designers, and innovators, to name a few.OBJECTIVES:
- Perform qualitative research on Community Host or Sponsors that address anti-poverty or economic mobility in Washington DC metropolitan area's communities.
- Develop personas and scenarios of community Hosts & Sponsors that will benefit from SIAA's CBSI service
- Develop 'To-Be' Community Hosts journey maps through awareness, engagement, initiation, collaboration, and transition phases as they engage with members leading our CBSI approach.
- Design draft promotional materials, props, or messaging to increase awareness of our mission and core programs to Community Host and potential Sponsors.
- Create an engagement strategy to reach Community Host and Sponsors on a personal level.
We are looking for creative, empathetic communicators eager to gain practical experience applying their marketing, communication, and design training and experience for this tiger team. The ideal volunteer will be comfortable with a variety of colleagues and constituents.SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The following skills and experience in our application process:
- Any marketing, advertising, communication, or experience design (XD) knowledge is desired, including user research, visual arts, and copywriting skills.
- Experience or familiarity with social service, community organizing, and activism is a plus.
- Desire to learn and grow from other professionals.
- Acceptance diversity and willingness to be inclusive of different socioeconomic and ethnic peoples
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Washington, DC 20190
December 30, 2021