MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA SALES INTERN AT A COMMUNITY PROJECT IN SOUTH AFRICA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Nourish Eco Village
OPEN POSITION: marketing and social media sales intern at NOURISH ECO VILLAGE
Starting: January 2022/ flexi for a duration of 9-12 months (extension is possible)
Nourish is a community development project, located on the border with the Kruger Park in
Mpumalanga, South Africa. We work to connect communities to conservation in a way that generates long term sustainable change, and brings benefit to people and planet. Our goal is to grow resilient wildlife communities through a programing offering of education, enterprise and tourism. We do this through our Eco Village model.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP: Nourish Foundation not only runs community based eco villages where it implements a range of projects in education, enterprise and tourism, but also has set up several income generating projects to generate sustainable funding to the foundation. Get involved in multiple aspects of the daily marketing needs, social media communications, and sales to drive public awareness to the foundation, as well as the social enterprises.
Depending on your, skills and abilities - your daily duties will involve a variety of tasks, such as:
- Communications: Creating and posting content to our social media accounts (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest), e.g. writing, taking pictures and/or creating short videos.
- Creating content and sending newsletters to our mailing list.
- Updating the websites and webshop, including taking and editing pictures of new art pieces for webshop.
- Drafting press releases and newspaper/magazine articles. Research possible media contacts and maintain a media database
- Marketing and sales: Assist with sales and order processes (intake, dispatch, pulling stories, etc.)
- Setting up and managing online store pages, ensuring payment platforms are updated, and updated photos of products are loaded
- Assisting on market days, e.g. intake of art pieces, sorting, assisting with quality checks and payments, etc. Setting up and assisting with manning a Nourish social enterprise stand at market days
- Database entry & management for both the Foundation as well as various enterprises. Update database with new contacts after orders, purchases and market days
- Do market research on various marketing platforms and opportunities where the various products/businesses can be listed or advertised.
- Focus on sales for the various Nourish products, to generate new and return customers
- Assist in virtual fundraising events
- Assist in Grant/ Award applications
- Various other tasks in digital marketing, sales, communications, and social media.
The position will be office based at the Nourish Foundation office in Hoedspruit town 4x days per week, with 1 x day per week at the Eco Village immersed in programmes, and getting hands-on with the nonprofit.
Skills that can be developed during this Digital Marketing & Sales internship:
- Sales and communication skills
- Database management skills
- Office Administration skills
- Social media communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Own laptop and smart phone
- Own camera is advantage
- Background/experience in marketing and/or fundraising
-Social media proficiency
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, detail oriented
- Open minded and curious to working with local communities
- Patient and respectful in communication
- Being able to interact with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, being able to make and maintain own schedule
- Excellent english, both written and spoken
- Passion for people, development and conservation
- Background in (basic) business highly advantageous
- Knowledge or background in community development or sustainability is a plus
- Driver’s license and international drivers licence.
- This is a FREE program
- Accommodation is included, you will be living in rondavels at the Nourish Eco Village, own
room if possible
- Food (3 meals per day at Nourish) included (no alcohol or restaurant meals)
- Transport to all off-site projects
Send us an email on email@example.com with your CV and cover letter with the subject 'marketing and social media intern’
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Hoedspruit, 1380South Africa
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME