Volunteer Work Lab Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST)
Position Summary: The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization that is working to put an end to human trafficking through comprehensive, life-transforming services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. In order to strengthen access to training, education and employment opportunities for survivors, Cast will establish a work lab that will provide a dedicated space and resources for clients and their education and career goals.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the Volunteer Work Lab Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Work Lab. Such responsibilities include greeting clients, assigning a workspace, assist with any technology issues, assist clients in completing job applications and creating resumes, and consult with case managers on the progress of helping clients achieve their employment or education goals. The Volunteer must demonstrate a commitment to serving CAST's clients and to upholding the CAST mission.Essential Duties:
- Greet clients
- Ensuring Work Lab rules are followed
- Assign workspace
- Assist with applying for jobs
- Help create resumes
- Lead workshops on job finding skills, such as resume building and interviewing
- Support with special projects, as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor)
- Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience with handling phone calls, email correspondence. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of working with multicultural communities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
- Candidate must be able to commit to volunteer at minimum 3 times a week.
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check before starting their volunteer work at Cast
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
December 30, 2021