Social Media Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Human Rights ConnectedPosition Summary
As Social Media Coordinator, you will collaborate with HRC’s teams to implement our social media strategy and foster our online community. You will help develop and support our community of practice on the ground, and bridge the gap between international human rights institutions and grassroots movements. The Coordinator will also increase awareness about HRC and our resource library through social media and other networks.
The ideal applicant will possess a strong knowledge of social media monitoring tools and stays current with platform trends and shifting algorithms.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Digital Community Manager to implement HRC’s social media strategy and increase our online impact.
- Building user engagement with HRC’s resource library and action guides.
- Contribute to designing information campaigns in collaboration with HRC’s teams.
- Develop and manage HRC’s network of international social media correspondents.
- Attend relevant events to livetweet for our Twitter followers.
- Participate in HRC’s ongoing all-hands and team meetings.
- Provide other assistance to support HRC’s mission and activities, as needed.
- Strong academic or professional interest in human rights and/or nonviolent action
- Experience in grassroots organizing and activism, both online and offline
- Experience with social media communication
- Excellent written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Buffer, and MailChimp
- Ability to work remotely and online in a networked organization
- English proficiency required, additional language ability preferred
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3 Washington CircleSuite GWashington, DC 20047
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK