Farmer-to-Farmer Coffee Commercialization Strategist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA InternationalCompany Description
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.Job Description
NCBA CLUSA’s USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer program sends American farmers and agribusiness professionals on 2-4 week agricultural development assignments, promoting sustainable growth and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from U.S. farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives and universities helps smallholder farmers in developing countries improve productivity, access new markets and conserve environmental and natural resources. During COVID-19 we have shifted to a hybrid volunteer model that affords US volunteers and in-country volunteers the opportunity to continue to provide technical assistance. For more information visit NCBA CLUSA Farmer-to-Farmer.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Peru) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of Coffee Commercialization Strategist to support Cooperativa de Servicios Múltiples Adisa Naranjos based in Rioja, Peru.
ADISA is a coffee cooperative that started in 2002. They sell certified organic and Fairtrade green coffee. ADISA would like to access new international markets such as Europe or Asia and require information about the commercialization process, requirements to access these markets, guidance on contacting buyers to establish new contracts, etc. They have some experience exporting containers, as they currently supply 2-7 containers annually, with 412.55 quintals of green coffee to a buyer with connections in the US.
Duration: 2 weeks, August- October 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work along with the administrative and technical staff to analyze Adisa´s current commercialization strategy and potential to access the European and Asian coffee markets.
- Provide training sessions on trends in current international coffee trade structures within Europe and Asia.
- Develop a strategy to contact coffee buyers in the European and Asian coffee markets.
- Work along with the administrative and technical staff to identify common contract clauses, custom’s requirements for Peruvian coffee, etc.to reach formal agreements with coffee buyers.
- Degree in agribusiness or business administration.
- Experience in coffee commercialization and coffee trading in the European and Asian markets.
- Experience working with cooperatives and understanding of the coffee value chain.
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1775 I Street Northwest8th FloorWashington, DC 20006
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS