Education Administrative Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA)
The Center for the Integration& Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage. CIANA is seeking an Education Administrative Volunteer to carry out basic administrative tasks for Education Programs. This is a great opportunity for a college student seeking to complete fieldwork hours and to gain hands-on experience in education or a non-profit organization.
- Answer door and welcome guests to the office and direct them to the appropriate staff member
- Conduct general intakes with clients and provide them with information for the service requested (ESL, civics, legal, etc)
- Enter new clients’ info into our database and Google Platforms
- Answer the main phone line, respond to inquiries, and take messages when necessary
- Return calls to clients when needed
- Help organize education materials both in the office and online
Additional opportunity available, for those interested in Education:
- Tutoring Elementary and Middle school aged students remotely
- Interested in Education
- Must have COVID-19 vaccine
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exhibits professional and courteous demeanor and phone etiquette
- Respectful and sensitive to other cultures
- Experience using Google Platforms is strongly preferred
- Fluency in another language (especially Spanish, Bengali, or Arabic)
- CIANA office hours (Mon. - Fri. 10 AM - 6 PM).
- 15 hours, preferably in the mornings
Volunteer will undergo orientation and training.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Queens, NY 11102
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK