Digital Content Manager for a Global Nonprofit
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Bridges for Enterprise
** Please apply for this opening here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScscSPNdJk3Ejxlr11OINSDs_il1Y-pYRSeZ9-TEyj92MF90Q/viewform
We review applications on a rolling basis but encourage applicants to apply by December 31
As a rapidly growing global nonprofit with a large network of social entrepreneurs (100+ served since 2015), BfE serves 15-20 new startups each year through its pro bono 6-8 month Incubation Programme. The Programme components are delivered by student chapters and experienced professionals who volunteer their time to empower early-stage startups to scale their impact and become investor-ready. Startups cover multiple sectors, including health, education, clean energy, agriculture and more. More information about BfE can be found on our website.
About the position (Global Content Manager):
BfE’s Global Communications Team maintains oversight of all internal and external communications. This division is rapidly expanding and drives exciting new channel outreach projects to boost public awareness and engagement with BfE stakeholders. We are seeking an undergraduate, graduate, or early career professional (business) writer who can write, self-edit, receive and give feedback, and manage writing projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Gain valuable leadership experience working in a virtual startup support organization
- Apply your knowledge to make a change and empower social entrepreneurs in low-and-middle income countries
- Build your writing portfolio
- Shape BfE’s content strategy on Medium
- Pitch your own writing projects, conduct research, and grow with the organization
- Join our dynamic global team and contribute to a growing network of diverse, talented and passionate BfE professionals, students and entrepreneurs across the world
- Write monthly thought leadership articles for BfE’s Medium publication
- Lead and provide feedback on Chapters’ thought leadership articles
- Interview BfE mentors for thought leadership articles
- Provide link to portfolio or writing samples
- 1+ years experience as an editor, writing tutor, or writing mentor
- Research, brainstorm, write, edit, and publish monthly Medium articles for BfE
- Understand how to write using BfE’s tone and within BfE’s brand guidelines
- Understand what creates engaging and attention grabbing content
- Understand how consulting/business works, what terms mean, how to communicate with internal consulting teams and external business mentors
- Ability to self-evaluate and understand what makes good and bad writing
- Meticulous and motivated
- Hits deadlines and quotas
- Works well with others
- Able to receive and give feedback
- Strong communicator to all stakeholders providing clear and timely updates
- Leads a team of writers
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship, interested in emerging markets, interested in startups
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
160 Kemp HouseCity RoadLondon, EC1V 2NXUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK