Pro Bono Salesforce Consultant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Youth Design CenterOverview
Youth Design Center (YDC) is inviting proposals from Salesforce consultants to provide pro bono or low-cost services to help us build and effectively utilize our Salesforce database. YDC aims to increase racial and ethnic diversity in design and technology professions and to disrupt cyclical poverty. We work with thousands of youth and hundreds of partners, donors, and volunteers. Right now, our information on all of these contacts and other program information is all over the place. We need help building our Salesforce infrastructure and our capacity for using it, enabling us to better connect with donors, manage program participants, evaluate outcomes, and ultimately track our success in preparing disconnected Black and Latinx youth for careers in tech and design.
YDC strongly encourages proposals from BIPOC, people of underrepresented ethnic and religious backgrounds, people of all gender identities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalized communities.About Us
YDC is the first non-profit, youth-led creative agency and innovation hub in East Brooklyn, providing gateways for young people to learn marketable design and tech skills, access postsecondary education, achieve economic mobility, and engage in place-based community revitalization. Modeled as a creative service agency, our projects teach design thinking, art, multimedia, tech and communication skills to give young people the technical and leadership tools they need to compete in the innovation economy and to be leaders in their community. YDC offers studios and mentorship for youth in printmaking, fine arts, spatial and product design, fabrication, photography, coding, graphic design, video and animation.Scope of Services
YDC currently has a Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud account in place with the Nonprofit Success Pack installed. However, our staff members rarely use the platform due to difficulties with navigation, lack of customization, and time-consuming manual processes that could be automated. We’re hoping to find a consultant who can evaluate our needs, build a Salesforce that meets those needs, and train / coach us on how best to use it moving forward.
We’re expecting the project to look something like this:
- 5 hours - Evaluating YDC needs and our current Salesforce setup
- 2 hours - Documenting proposed changes and reviewing / refining with YDC staff members
- 10 hours - Revamping the platform to meet YDC needs, carrying out proposed changes, integrating other apps as needed
- 3 hours - Demoing revamped platform for YDC staff, making additional changes as needed
- 5 hours - Supporting the uploading of YDC data
- 5 hours - Training and coaching YDC staff members on using Salesforce and associated applications
ESTIMATED TOTAL = 30 hoursWhat Success Looks Like
When the project is completed, we hope that the following are true regarding YDC’s Salesforce:
- All data on current and anticipated funding can be viewed and is regularly updated
- Information on donors and partners, both current and prospective, can be easily entered and tracked, including notes and outcomes from meetings
- Information on youth participants and alumni is continuously entered and tracked
- Reports and dashboards inform the obtaining of additional funding, tracking of program outcomes, and reporting on programs’ successes
- Salesforce users have customized views with priority information easily accessible
- Salesforce processes are as easy and seamless as possible, thereby supporting optimal, ongoing utilization by YDC staff
- At least one YDC staff member knows how to batch upload new records and customize views, dashboards, and reports
At a minimum, please submit the following information in your proposal:
- Resume / CV
- An explanation of why you’re interested in this project
- A proposed work plan and schedule for completing the project
- Any fees that you’d charge
- Contact information for at least 3 professional references who can testify to your qualifications for the project
Individuals submitting proposals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience building and improving Salesforce for nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with design thinking / human centered design principles and practices
- Salesforce administrator certification or similar credentials
- Can do the work on a pro bono or low-cost basis
All proposals must be submitted to email@example.com by December 3, 2021. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
47 Belmont AvenueBrooklyn, NY 11212
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS