Help us Increase Heart Care Access through Canvassing!

Save to Favorites

Idealist.org

Recruiting Organization: Adult Congenital Heart Association

Help improving and extend the lives of the millions born with heart defects by volunteering with the Adult Congenital Heart Association

How will you help: By helping us canvass specific neighborhoods in Los Angeles with The Heart Access 2 Care Survey from UCLA. We teamed up with UCLA to get this survey to CHD patients 18+ in order to understand the barriers CHD patients have to access care

Where: Neighborhoods in the heart of Los Angeles. The neighborhoods will located in Mid-City and South Los Angeles (business districts)

The Goal: To get survey into the community so we can hear from patients who may not be in care and to use that information to provide a better future.

What is ACHD: Congenital heart disease is the most common form of birth defect in the United States. Currently there's around 1.4 million adults but only around 20% are getting the right care. Help us reach the other 80%


For More information contact: volunteer@achaheart.org


COVID-19 Safety: We recommend that during the event we practice social distance where possible, and when not possible we recommend wearing a mask. Know that the local Covid-19 safety precautions will be followed for this event, and that they will be reviewed by the end of January to ensure that the event promotes safety and a great experience for all participating

Stipend ProvidedFalse

Training ProvidedFalse

Housing AvailableFalse

Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse

Wheelchair AccessibleFalse

Fee RequiredFalse

Fee Amount: None

This opportunity is recurringFalse

6375 More opportunities with Idealist.org

1 Review
Request failed
{{ opp.title }}
This is a Virtual Opportunity.
{{ opp.location }}
We'll work with your schedule
{{ opp.dateStr }}
{{ opp.timeStr }}
More
Opportunities

About Idealist.org

Location:

389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US

Mission Statement

To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.

Description

Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.

Health & Medicine

WHEN

Fri Feb 04, 2022 - Sat Feb 05, 2022
04:00 PM - 03:59 PM

WHERE

Los Angeles, CA 19063

SKILLS

  • Human Resources Diversity
  • Public Advocacy

GOOD FOR

N/A

REQUIREMENTS

  • WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS

Report this opportunity