GRCB Outreach Team Volunteer - Help Build Supportive Community!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Girls Rock Campaign Boston
OUTREACH TEAM MEMBER
Do you excel at interpersonal connections? Is talking to new people and forging relationships what you thrive on? Do you think people in your neighborhood or community would benefit from GRCB’s mission of empowerment and confidence? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you’d probably enjoy being on the GRCB Outreach Team. Together we’ll work to build connections and relationships all across the Boston area in order to bring the mission of GRCB to more people. We’ll do this through intentional community participation and engagement.
Ideal candidates for this role have strong ties to their own neighborhoods and communities and can utilize those to help GRCB make meaningful connections. A passion for empowering girls and gender-expansive youth and spreading that to new communities is a must!
- Work collaboratively with members of the Outreach team to identify opportunities/events where GRCB can build relationships.
- Help plan tabling activities/engagement strategies.
- Be the face of GRCB at regular community events.
- Devise and implement other methods of outreach. How do people interact and communicate in your community?
- Help foster new relationships between GRCB and community partners.
- Meet 3-5 times a year with the Outreach Team and the Operations Coordinator virtually or in person when conditions permit.
- Year-round participation in identifying outreach opportunities, and attendance at events as a representative of GRCB based on your availability and capacity.
- Outgoing and comfortable speaking confidently with new people.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Knowledge of GRCB and its mission. Past experience as a participant, volunteer, or participant guardian is a big plus!
- Strong community ties.
Support: Onboarding will include an orientation to GRCB and to the Outreach Team, as well as group training in effective community outreach. GRCB is committed to providing ongoing training and support needed to help volunteers be successful in their roles.
The Outreach Team is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable community building experience while helping the organization increase our ability to impact girls, women and youth and adults with marginalized gender identities! As a volunteer in this role, you will have opportunities to strengthen your communication and relationship building skills while having access to ongoing GRCB training opportunities.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Boston, MA 02130
December 30, 2021