Volunteers Needed for Theatrical Lighting Installation at Non Profit Theater!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Actors Theatre Workshop, Inc.
Dates and Times: Thursday, August 5th for a delivery (time tbd), Saturday August 7th 10am-6pm, Monday August 9th 10am-4pm, Tuesday August 10th 10am-6pm, Wednesday, August 11th from 10am-6p, Thursday, August 12 from 10am-2pm
Location: The Actors Theatre Workshop, 145 W 28th St, 3rd Floor between 6th & 7th Aves
Title: Install New Theatrical Lighting at Non-profit Community Theater
We are looking for 2-3 volunteers for each of the days listed above to help install new lighting instruments at a non-profit community theater, The Actors Theatre Workshop (ATW) in preparation for the fall theater season and our award- winning after-school theater-arts education program, which has been serving homeless and at-risk youth living in NYC's temporary housing facilities since 1995.
We are using a grant to buy a new computer lighting board and new lighting instruments to upgrade our theatrical lighting installation! This important project will help us better illuminate our own programs and productions . . . and help us attract new rental clients to support our nonprofit mission of arts education to at-risk youth and people from all walks of life.
Volunteers will be overseen by ATW’s Lighting Director and several professional electricians.
This will be a unique and meaningful project for volunteers to participate in. Under the supervision of ATW’s Lighting Director and professional electricians, volunteers will:
- Take existing lighting equipment down from 10’ ceilings
- Unrun all the cables from the lighting closet
- Pull everything out of the closet and build it back up from scratch
- Remove unnecessary gear
- Test all existing and new lighting equipment and cables
- Install a new (heavy) dimmer rack on upper shelf.
- Set-up a lower shelf for storage
- Install House Lights over the audience with incandescent light bulbs
- Install Work Light system.
- Do light cleaning before and after project- dusting, sweeping, mopping.
- Lifting and climbing on a ladder is required for much of this work. We have 10’ceilings and therefore use 6’ or 8’ ladders.
Other important info:
- For the safety of our community program members and staff health, we ask that volunteers who sign-up be fully vaccinated. No exceptions.
- Participants must be okay to do heavy lifting and go up and down 6-8’ ladders
- Participants must dress comfortably: sneakers / flat shoes and clothes they can move around in.
- Volunteers can attend for one day or all days but should arrive on-time and stay for the entire time they sign-up for.
- If a volunteer cannot come or stay for the whole event, we'd appreciate that s/he release their spot as soon as they know to allow someone who can stay for the whole event the opportunity to sign-up.
- Please bring a can-do attitude to the work for the day!
To Sign-up: Email Charles Frenkel, firstname.lastname@example.org
With ... and this is very important -- your name, email, phone number, days and times you can volunteer.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
145 W. 28th Street3rd FloorNew York, NY 10001
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS