Energy Efficiency Program Coordinator-- PAID AmeriCorps Opportunity
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Maine Campus Compact
Do you care about our planet? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Come join our AmeriCorps team!
Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program (MEAP) is coordinated by Maine Campus Compact, a statewide coalition of colleges and universities whose purpose is to further the public purposes and civic mission of higher education. MEAP's main objective is to foster partnerships with campuses and communities to increase energy efficiency and cost savings, especially for our vulnerable, low-income neighbors.
AmeriCorps Energy Efficiency Coordinator
As an AmeriCorps Energy Efficiency Coordinator, you will join a team of AmeriCorps members from all corners of the state who are focused on promoting energy efficiency. As a member, you will help raise awareness about energy efficiency methods, recruit participants for Energy Education events, organize light weatherization services in your local community, and connect participants with energy conservation resources. Members will work on energy efficiency action plans that address environmental challenges in particular communities and design events and services accordingly.
Member Duties :
- Assist with community environmental committee;
- Plan, promote and oversee 2 Community Environmental Education Events;
- Identify opportunities for educating K-12 students;
- Plan, promote, and help oversee one Window Insulating Insert Build Event;
- Promote, and implement Green Home Energy Assessments;
- Conduct home energy visits via phone/in person;
- Assist with outreach paperwork for energy incentive programs;
- Implement and conduct outreach for the Conserve Maine Energy (CME) Public Awareness Campaign;
- Organize one virtual Green Jobs community forum and one Earth Day Event;
- Disseminate Maine Energy Efficiency Guidebook and other resource materials;
- Plan and oversee campus Energy Education Events on college campuses;
- Plan and oversee campus and off-campus Green Energy Assessments;
- Recruit student volunteers for MEAP community events;
- Develop other projects around energy efficiency/climate change on campus as needed;
- Act as a liaison between Minimum Time Members and site supervisors.
Program Benefits: Education award upon successful completion of service, Training, Living Allowance, Health Coverage, Childcare assistance if eligible, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
Permits working at another job during off-hours. Car recommended.
We are currently recruiting for positions in Portland, Lewiston, Biddeford, Kennebunkport as well as other areas in Maine.
Accepting Applications through January 10, 2022. Priority will be given to early applicants. Candidates are eligible to begin their service in December, however, we are looking to onboard our team during the first week of January 2022.
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Maine Campus Compact
Maine Campus Compact is a coalition of 17 member campuses whose purpose is to catalyze and lead a movement to reinvigorate the public purposes and civic mission of higher education. We seek to transform our campuses in ways that develop better informed, active citizen problem-solvers, stronger communities, and a more just democratic society. We believe that our campuses must be vital agents and architects of a flourishing democracy.
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). CNCS, the grantor, is an independent federal agency whose mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Portland, ME 04240
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME