Non-Clinical Patient Navigator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic
Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic is seeking a volunteer patient navigator to assist patients with non-clinical processes related to their medical care and to advocate for patients seeking community and government resources. These non-clinical processes include assisting patients with filing clinic eligibility documents and offering direction in helping patients access additional benefit programs including Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security (SSDI and SSI), Veterans Administration and Affordable Health Care (ACA) options.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- An Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years experience in community health and welfare programs, or related experience in education or healthcare
- Knowledge of community resources within the geographic locale (Charleston, SC)
- Understanding of and strict adherence to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA 1996) tenets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with diverse clinic staff, volunteers, patients and families;
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 10 and internet
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Because this is a volunteer position, we are asking that interested applicants be able to volunteer on a regular, weekly basis. This volunteer position will be supervised and assisted by BIFMC’s Office Manager and training will be provided for areas new, or unfamiliar to the volunteer. Due to the nature of our work and the training required, we request at least a 6 month minimum for volunteers, with scheduling flexibility.
If interested in this position, please submit a letter of interest and brief resume to: i email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3226 Maybank HighwayBuilding #CJohns Island, SC 29455
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK