Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Saavi Services for the Blind
This position contributes to SAAVI Services for the Blind’s mission to cultivate growth and opportunity for blind people through nonvisual skills training; gaining the knowledge that all challenges have solutions, and fostering self-efficacy, empowerment and confidence. This means that all hold a positive philosophy of blindness, and all contribute to the success of each student.
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator
Supervisory Position: No
Job Type: Volunteer
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively in a team to support student and agency success
- Demonstrate respect and inclusion for all
- Adhere to all timelines or develop reasonable alternate plans for accomplishing job tasks
- Positively represent SAAVI in professional development and special functions as needed
- Organize and input and existing SAAVI records into system
- Verify accuracy of previously entered data
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness and a history of inclusive practices
- Excellent communication and the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Experience advocating for individuals and encouraging self-advocacy
- Ability to communicate, promote and work within a team environment
- Ability to initiate and complete job duties with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of spreadsheets during interview
Conditions of Employment
- Must demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness
- Must complete internal blindness immersion training
- Must pass a Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination
- Can be long term or one time assignment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the staff assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3767 East Grant RoadTucson, AZ 85716
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH