Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Fundación En Vía
Start Date: asap
Location: Oaxaca de Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico
Fundación En Vía is a non-profit organization based in Oaxaca City, Mexico. Our mission is to promote women’s empowerment, the well-being of their families and the strengthening of communities through participatory programs that encourage the growth of income generating businesses and personal development. We work toward this mission through three main programs: Microfinance, Education and Responsible Tourism.
The Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications Manager on all aspects of En Vía’s communications through Facebook, Instagram, a newsletter and blog. This will involve both commissioning and creating original content, publishing to the different platforms, analysing and reporting on our results and using these findings to develop our strategy.
In particular we are looking for someone with experience of growing organic social media presence for NGOs or similar organizations.
If you are creative and adaptable and interested in sharing stories about women’s empowerment, this is a great opportunity.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on the overall strategy
- Produce and publish high quality content for our social media, newsletter and blog
- Improve functionality, maximize the potential of our different channels and monitor their performance.
- Increase organic reach and engagement
- Assist with other forms of promotion as required, such as creating/distributing posters
- increase our presence in online debates about our key areas of work - women’s empowerment, microfinance and responsible tourism
- Help in community meetings: collect loan payments (depending on Spanish level).
- Special projects as assigned.
- Fluent English (excellent writing skills).
- Basic-intermediate Spanish desirable.
- Demonstrate commitment to social change and community development.
- Experience managing social media accounts and creating demonstrable organic growth
- Own laptop to work on
- High flexibility and organization.
- Excellent people skills: outgoing, friendly, warm and professional.
- Ability and passion for building relationships with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Good judgment, strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High motivation and creativity.
Preferred Experience (but not required)
- Experience volunteering
- Living abroad
- Graphic design, photo and video editing.
- Weekly commitment: From Monday to Friday 25-35 hours in the office and in the communities (to generate content for posts in our online platforms). Schedules can be flexible and you will have some ownership of your schedule.
- Minimum 3 months (or longer). We prefer long-term volunteers.
- There is no cost to volunteer with our organization.
- This is an unpaid position. At this time, En Vía doesn’t provide assistance with housing or living costs, but we can give you recommendations of housing in or around the city.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Oaxaca, Oax. 68000Mexico
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME