Digital Community Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Human Rights ConnectedDescription:
As Digital Community Manager, you’ll build user engagement with our digital platform by managing social media outreach and spearheading promotion for our blog and resource library. You’ll develop and implement an engagement strategy that strengthens the connection between HRC and our audience of civil resistance activists and rights defenders.
In this role, you’ll deepen your understanding of civil resistance in human rights, and contribute to the defense of human rights. Your role will help human rights defenders advance their movements via strategic nonviolence and international law, and amplify their impact within the human rights sector.
As with all of our positions, this role is volunteer-based and unpaid. Candidates must work independently, take initiative and pursue creative approaches to problem solving.Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to build engagement with our network of human rights defenders.
- Develop a social media strategy to build our audience on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram.
- Organize, plan, and manage social media posts by maintaining an editorial calendar and publishing flow.
- Execute diverse social media campaigns to promote HRC’s original content, e.g. HRCblog, WomxnRESIST, FeaturedResourceFriday.
- Develop promotional campaigns that build long-term user engagement with HRC’s resource library and the HRCBlog.
- Monitor social media trends around human rights and incorporate ongoing trends into our social media outreach.
- Produce quarterly analytics reporting on website and social media engagement.
- Recruit and manage team members responsible for assisting with the coordination of social media outreach and content production.
- Assist in developing and posting multimedia content to highlight on the HRCblog.
- As a long-term initiative, plan and implement an HRC email newsletter that communicates relevant content and updates to our audience while continuing to build user engagement.
- Support other HRC Associates and initiatives, as agreed upon with the Executive Director.
- Proven track record of success with project management, monitoring and evaluation and strategic planning
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell creative and engaging stories
- Ability to develop a desired community base, network with the community, solicit feedback from users and incorporate feedback into ongoing activities and initiatives
- Fluency in the rhetoric of human rights and social justice organizing in digital spaces
- Experience with Wordpress, MailChimp, Canva, Google Analytics and Google Suite required
- Experience with Asana and Buffer preferred
- Some competency in graphic design required
- Language competency in a language other than English strongly preferred
- Understanding of nonviolent movement-building strategies strongly preferred
- Proven commitment to equity and inclusion of all historically marginalized groups within an intersectional lens
- Up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
- Experience working remotely with a team preferred
To apply, please complete this application form. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
HRC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion starts with the perspectives and experiences of our team. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented communities to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3 Washington CircleSuite GWashington, DC 20047
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK