Donor Prospect Researcher (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: WhoWhatWhy
Donor Prospect Researcher (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*This is a remote-from-home volunteer position.
Are you an experienced Donor Prospect Researcher who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit (a minimum of) 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
We are seeking an eager, proactive, and detail-oriented researcher to help in our donor development efforts. The role includes scouting, researching, and pitching potential donors to our Development team on a weekly basis. You will work collaboratively with the other donor prospect researchers and donor relationship manager.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface -- and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Identify and conduct research on prospective donors
- Synthesize research into easily understood research briefs
- Organize and analyze information from a variety of sources to determine the prospect’s capacity, relationships, and philanthropic interests
- Interpret and evaluate research results and communicate analysis with the team
- 3+ years of experience doing research
- Highly skilled in web search and some familiarity with fundraising or general search databases.
- Be highly organized, motivated, and curious, and able to juggle -- and prioritize -- multiple projects simultaneously
- A creative, inquisitive mind
- Analytical skills and a talent for pattern recognition
- Have a solid grasp of -- and commitment to -- our mission
- Previous prospect research experience or familiarity with how it supports development a plus
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work.You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 1103New York, NY 10276
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK