Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Surfrider Foundation, Vancouver Chapter
Surfrider Foundation Vancouver is seeking a highly organized and proactive Vice Chair volunteer to join its executive committee team.
If you are passionate about protecting Vancouver’s coastlines, we want to hear from you! We are the Vancouver Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation, a global environmental non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves and beaches, for all people, which is enacted through a powerful activist network
The Vice Chair position is a vital part of our chapter’s leadership. As Vice Chair, you will be responsible for supporting an efficient and exciting team work environment within the chapter. We are looking for a positive and thoughtful leader who enjoys working with people.
Provides overall chapter management and promotes SF values and visions. The Committee is responsible for managing chapter teams; ensuring common SF and specific chapter values and visions are understood and supported by chapter leads; creating enjoyable working environment; keeping funds and property in order.
- Supporting the Chair in overall chapter management
- Managing the Executive Committee, including running EC meetings in the Chair’s absence, performs other Chair duties as needed
- Fostering teamwork within the chapter; building integration between all chapter’s teams and ensuring internal communications between teams
- Coordinating work of all the Executive Committee members
- Ideally, leads a program or campaign committee. Supports the implementation of campaigns ensuring plans are on track towards coastal victories.
- Supervising work of Design Team, Volunteer Coordination Team, Communication Team
- Supports the chapter’s HR needs
- Supporting the chair in work with SF HQ, SF chapters, and other organizations
- Creating and updating the Executive Committee role descriptions
- Recruiting and training members of the Executive Committee
- Overseeing Executive Committee members’ tasks and deadlines
- Managing Executive Committee meetings schedule and agendas
- Administrating and keeping chapter’s google drive organized
- Attending chapter executive meetings (one per month)
- Attending chapter events (one per month)
- Attending Surfrider conferences
- Uses the vice chair email address for all surfrider communications & replies to emails within 2 days
- Supports annual evaluation of the Chapter’s internal and external operations and effort
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the chapter strategic plan
- Liaise with new and existing stakeholders, media, sponsors and partners
- Receives a Surfrider kit: tee shirt/swag
- Provided opportunities to remote travel, attend conferences
- Receiving letters of support, LinkedIn reviews, etc.
- Development of personal profile: volunteering for Surfrider EC is an impressive addition to a resume
- Training and mentorship for role; including Surfrider University, wilderness first aid, media
- Volunteer expenses reimbursed according to SF expenses policy
- Volunteer appreciation awards, cultivation of friends, healthy food provided for events/meetings
- Fulfillment and Gratification!
To find out more about Surfrider Vancouver, visit vancouverbc.surfrider.org.
We thank you in advance for your application. Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M5Canada
December 30, 2021