Help those affected by Disasters!! Surge Support Volunteer Caseworkers Needed!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater New York Region
The Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources. This role is critical to helping those recover from local large disasters such as Hurricane Ida
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case
- Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Community Referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Please note approx 8+ hrs of training required for this role to learn Red Cross Database and how Red Cross provides disaster assistance to clients
Local/Regional: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days. Must have good weekday availability and be able to commit to at least 1-2 months
Beyond region (if able): Minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10019
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME