Help your neighbor in their greatest time of need! Join the Red Cross Disaster Action Team!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Pacific Coast Chapter, CA
Disaster Action Team Member
Respond to local disaster scenes to meet the needs of those affected by disasters such as providing shelter and food and other Red Cross services.
Most of the 60,000 emergencies that the Red Cross responds to each year are local, personal disasters like home fires. They may not make the news, but we know they are just as devastating to the families affected. Trained and available, Disaster Action Team volunteers are ready to respond to these emergencies, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. From offering a shoulder to cry on, to meeting any immediate needs for shelter or supplies, to connecting people with long term recovery services, our volunteers ensure that families don’t have to face tough times alone.
Disaster Action Team volunteers help local families cope with emergencies.
Home fires and other disasters can occur any time, any place. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you’ll provide emotional support, financial assistance, and information to help families begin the process of recovery. After your initial training, your shifts will include responding to emergencies within 2 hours, night or day, rain or shine, either on the scene or coordinating remotely to provide immediate compassion and care. With experience and further training you can take on leadership and response coordination roles to have a wider impact. At the same time, you’ll be developing skills that you may choose to apply to larger-scale disaster response efforts with the Red Cross.
Ready to Make a Difference? Here's How to Get Started!
- Go to redcross.org/volunteer to complete our online application. It takes less than 10 minutes!
- A member of our team will get in touch. Taking the time for a personal conversation enables us to match you with a role that will be both meaningful and enjoyable.
- We’ll provide all necessary training to ensure you can be successful in your volunteer role.
* Orientation to the American Red Cross
* On the job Disaster Services Training, Psychological First Aid, and others
* Able to respond reliably when scheduled to be on call
* Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
Once trained may remain active as long as desired
One year, renewable
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93105
December 30, 2021