Video Editor for Non for Profit Organization
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Rukundo International
Rukundo International s seeking a self-motivated individual to review rough footage and photographs captured in Uganda by our nonprofit organization and assemble short, high-quality videos for use on social media. Specific days and number of hours are flexible and can be negotiated based upon availability and schedule.
- The Volunteer will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material and original photographs into finished products suitable for social media use. The aim of the videos would be to share our mission, accomplishments, and the daily lives of the students and people we work with in Uganda with our donors and followers. The ultimate goals would be to evoke emotion and awareness, which would turn into support (financially and otherwise) for our organization; and to produce quality material that would result in sharing of the clips to bring awareness of our organization to new audiences. Depending on skill-set, longer clips/short film development would also be welcomed. Photo editing skills are a bonus. The position would require the volunteer to: Familiarize self with the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization to properly convey our message(s) to our target audience(s)
- Input music, subtitles, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts in consultation with the President
- Correct faulty footage, grading and coloring and add special effects
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven record of working independently
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Marketing experience is a bonus
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- A passion for education and helping vulnerable individuals
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team
- The ability to handle constructive criticism
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication (we are looking for a 6+ month commitment)
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
Send resume, cover letter, and samples of previous work to email@example.com with Video Editor Position in subject line.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
9601 Shadow Oak DriveGaithersburg, MD 20886
December 30, 2021