Food Pantry Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Howard Area Community Center
General Description: Food Pantry Volunteer Team members work with HACC staff to receive and sort food donations and prepare food packages for distribution to clients. Volunteer team members help keep the Food Pantry well-organized and operating efficiently.
Time Commitment: Must be able to keep a consistent schedule and have availability during at least one of the time slots listed below.
Mondays: 12:00pm - 4:30pm Wednesdays: 8:00am - 12:30pm Fridays: 8:00am - 12:00pm*
*Note: Individuals who desire to volunteer during the Friday shift need to be able to lift 50lbs as they will be unloading the truck.
- Unload deliveries from Greater Chicago Area Food Depository Truck and other Pantry partners
- Sort and clean fresh produce
- Sort, stock, and rotate food shelves
- Date food products
- Dispose of expired food
- Reorganize food and supplies, as needed
- Clean and disinfect shelves and floor
- Break down cardboard boxes for weekly recycling
- Prepare food bags for distribution
- Assist in distribution of food to clients
- Assist with paperwork, as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift boxed food items (10 - 50 lbs.)
- Able to work as part of a volunteer team
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude
- Able to keep to consistent schedule
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
7648 North Paulina StreetChicago, IL 60626
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK