Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: helpNYC Corporation
The Communications Team is responsible for our communications externally and internally. They maintain our social media presence, marketing, and media relations. They build partnerships with other organizations that complement the work of helpNYC.
helpNYC relies on its amazing volunteers to support our work helping New Yorkers in need. If you would like to become a volunteer please complete our online application below. helpNYC believes that our lived experience is the most valuable asset in working with others. We encourage and expect our volunteers to be engaged, active, and idealists in their service to our community. We are open to new ideas and perspectives. The helpNYC Community strives to be inclusive, diverse, and equitable in every action we do.
Our work is done in dynamic teams of career-orientated volunteers. We work together virtually and collaboratively. Our Teams usually meet on a weekly basis and are conducted in a flat leadership style where all members, regardless of role and responsibilities have an equal opportunity to contribute. helpNYC strives to provide an environment for our volunteers to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally.
- 10 hours per week minimum
- The successful candidate can choose to work one day M-F for 10 hours or two days M-F for 5 hours each
- Training for this position will be provided
- This position will be part of a collaborative effort on the Development Team
- Acknowledgment of Service and Certificate of Recognition
- Networking opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Multilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience with Google Workspace, Monday.com, and other Google development tools; Mailchimp, and other mass communication tools.
- Knowledge of remote working best practices and etiquette.
- Lived experience with mental health concerns, struggles with socioeconomic, being a part of a minority community, experience with homelessness; experience with food insecurity; or being underserved in New York City.
- A resident of the New York City Metro Area or extensive knowledge of New York City.
- 18 years of age or older
- personal computer with dependable internet access
- Interested applicants complete the Volunteer Application on the helpNYC website at www.helpNYC.co/volunteer.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10453
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME