Social Media Website and Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: SGAP Leaders
Social Media & Website Coordinator
Part time, volunteer (possible course credit) virtual
November 20, 2021 - June 30, 2022, extension of role contingent on performance
The Student Global Ambassador Program (SGAP Leaders), a nonprofit located in Rockville, Maryland with offices in Montclair, NJ is looking for a Social Media/Website Coordinator who is creative, self-driven, and ready to enhance and grow our social media and website presence. The Social Media/Website Coordinator is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a strong online presence for SGAP Leaders and will help develop, update and maintain SGAP Leaders’ website.
SGAP Leaders is a leadership program that empowers our underserved youth (ages 13-18) to take action on real-world problems by using STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) to solve sustainability and social justice challenges. Our in-person and virtual workshops, tours and speaker series provide a vehicle for students to develop college and career readiness skills. Students choose the themes for our program which ranges from climate change, teen suicide and mental wellness, to human trafficking (to name a few).
We have impacted 4,200+ students from 78 different schools and school districts in NY, NJ, MD, Washington DC, and Northern VA.
- Research audiences preferences; uncover and track current trends
- Design posts to sustain readers' curiosity and create buzz around programs, projects and student outcomes
- Measure website analytics and monitor social media accounts
- Add and remove content from the website as directed (including updating the calendar)
- Assist with setting up online reservations, ticket sales and fundraising campaigns
- Maximize user engagement through cross-platform communications
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attend select events and produce live social media content.(if possible)
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- 1-3 years of work experience as a Social Media or Website Coordinator preferred
- Proficiency with website management of multiple social media platforms
- Knowledge, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with WordPress, CANVA, Adobe Stock videos and photos, donor management tools (Network for Good)
- Familiarity with online strategies and channels
- Excellent communication, multitasking, and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, New Media, or relevant field preferred
Candidate Social Media Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, FaceBook, SnapChat, Tik Tok)
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML, a plus
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis, and we will contact you if we’re interested in scheduling an interview. Please send an email to the above address with questions.
SGAP Leaders provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SGAP Leaders complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
15800 Crabbs Branch Way300Rockville, MD 20855
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME