Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Program Coordinator-trainee for the Generation-Z Program at our non-profit organization!
Are you looking to gain experience in Program Coordination? This is the right opportunity for you. We are looking forenergetic and enthusiasticindividuals to join our community department and support our Generation-Z Program!
Our new initiative, Generation-Z, is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
Program Coordinator-trainee Job Responsibilities:
- The Program Coordinator Trainee interacts with and supports faculty, students, school administrators, and alumni to support the mission and goals of the Community Departments and Programs.
- Demonstrate an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds
- Identify, evaluate, and propose solutions to program areas that need special attention.
- Participate in staff development opportunities and follow research in the mentor field; Make weekly contact with matched volunteers.
- Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of our non-profit organization.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of all necessary paperwork related to the volunteer opportunity.
- Manage program evaluation activities, including student and site supervisor feedback.
- Assist with special projects and perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Take a lead role in exploring community collaborations and developing supplemental support services for youth, including the lead in the Mentor Group.
- Ensure that program services are carried out, such as activities, follow-up support to matches and life skills workshops.
- Organize and support professional development workshops for volunteers and trainee to enable and ensure success in volunteer settings.
- Maintain effective communication within the agency (Executive Director and Program Director) and with the community on the progress of the project.
Program Coordinator-trainee Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or is working towards a degree in Human Services, Childhood Education or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of problem-solving, meeting deadlines, taking the initiative and making well-informed decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment through changing priorities and demanding timelines
Hours and Commitment: Trainee will be required to work 15 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee Position.
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable program coordinating experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK