Parent Educator Instructor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Parent Educator Instructor at our non-profit organization!
Overview: Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to parents? Would you like to help parents obtain the education and skills needed to raise physically, psychologically, and emotionally healthy children?
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled volunteers to provide parent education courses to parents andassist in strengthening the parent-child relationship by increasing parent knowledge of child development, improving parenting skills and support systems, and providing community resources.
Parent Educator Instructor's Responsibilities:
- Learning the philosophy and goals for the program.
- Preparing for program class content in a timely manner.
- Keeping appropriate paperwork including attendance records and evaluation forms.
- Maintaining primary responsibility for confidentiality of participants.
- Communicating with preventive services and I’RAISE Community Department and collaborating agencies.
Parent Educator Instructor's Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Child Development, Human Development, Family Studies, Counseling, Education, or related field.
- Experience teaching adults required Applicants who have not achieved this level of education may be considered if they have considerable documented experience and competency in the above mentioned fields.
- Must be able to work respectfully with individuals of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities.
- Good hearing skills and well-developed speaking ability to communicate with staff and parent preferred.
Salary: Unpaid [Volunteer Position]
Hours and commitment: Must be available 5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). Minimum 3 month commitment.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK