Refugee Youth Mentorship Outreach Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Refugee Youth Success and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative
Refugee Youth and Empowerment (RYSE) Initiative provides cross-collaboration and capacity building infrastructure for community-based mentorship programs supporting young adult refugees working towards academic, career, and personal goals.
The Outreach Coordinator role is a unique opportunity to join an all-volunteer nonprofit startup while learning and showcasing your ability to oversee the planning and implementation of outreach activities including the creation of communications content. This is an unpaid position with flexible hours and is completely remote.
The team member will help ensure clear communication of organizational mission across all communication channels as the primary driver of RYSE Initiative’s external messaging. Platforms in use are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, email newsletters, and the website. Communication goals include building brand identity, growing issue area advocacy relationships, and directing online traffic to the appropriate sources of further information.
The team member will conduct targeted outreach initiatives to engage organizational partners with three goals in mind. Firstly, outreach will engage refugee-serving organizations interested in growing or starting their own mentorship programs as RYSE implementing partners. Secondly, outreach will seek out new Refugee Youth Mentorship Workgroup members. Finally, outreach will grow the catalogue of referral sources available to young adult refugees.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research new organizations of interest and reach out by email or phone
- Use social media and creative tools to maintain organizational branding
- Draft marketing copy and visuals for social media calendar
- Execute across social media, newsletter, and website communication channels
- Develop marketing campaigns for key days, themes, and other prioritized content
- Grow the RYSE newsletter subscribers list
- Oversee the administrative management of the refugee youth mentorship workgroup
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent content creation and written communication skills
- Strong online research skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be a self-starter
- Some knowledge of refugee-serving organizations preferred
- Familiar with Google Workspace, LinkedIn, Canva, Mailchimp, or Wordpress
- An interest in nonprofit management, social impact collaboration, marketing, or social media management
- An interest in international and refugee issues
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1255 22nd Street Northwest57405Washington, DC 20037
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK